Be ready for any occasion with a few simple ingredients that will make an instant festive summer cocktail. There’s something about sunny days that screams for light, refreshing, and fruity. Summertime brings an abundance of color everywhere. One of my favorite summer errands is a trip to the farm stand. I’m a farm stand junkie, I just want to bring everything home. If I don’t stay focused I’ll end up bringing home a crazy collection of foods. I wish we had farm stands year round.
If I had to choose between winter and summer or even harder, fall or spring it would be too difficult. Although I sometimes envy people who live in warm climates to enjoy nice weather longer, I’m not sure I would be happy giving up the seasons. I’m not a winter fan but I really like the foods and comfort associated with winter. Comfort foods, thick sweaters and jeans. During the winter I’m always looking forward to the long warm days of summer. I guess the grass is always greener…
- 1 (750mL) bottle rosé
- 1/2 cup grand marnier
- 2 cups club soda, whatever flavor you’d like
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 cup of melon balls, cantaloupe or watermelon
- 1 pint of strawberries, sliced
- note: When peaches are in season they are a great addition to this cocktail
- Add all of your fruit to the bottom of a pitcher.
- Pour your wine, grand marnier and club soda over top and stir.
- This tastes great when it sits in the fridge and marinates for a bit.
- To serve, add ice to a glass and some of the boozy fruit and top with sangria.
Try adding flavored ice to your sangria to infuse your drink with flavor as it melts.