“Of the twenty five years of meals and the countless sandwiches you have made for me THIS one is the BEST.”
Yes, this post was sponsored by Cedar Bay Grilling Company as part of a blogger recipe challenge. I received products for my participation, but all opinions, recipe and photography are honest and my own HOWEVER, my husband didn’t know this was a sponsored post. He just thought it was one of the thousands of meals I have made over the years. Never before has he declared anything to be the best. This one won for him!
I was given two cedar planked salmons, pre seasoned and frozen. My first recipe can be found HERE. For the first one I chose to keep the integrity of the planked salmon by serving it as a deconstructed salad allowing the original flavors of the deliciously pre-seasoned salmon to be the hero. This time I used the salmon meat to create a salmon salad blended with simple ingredients; mayonnaise, dijon mustard, capers, red onion, parsley, garlic and hot sauce, to make a delicious salmon salad. This I added to a grilled sandwich made with grilled sourdough bread, three cheeses and fresh tomatoes. It was outrageously delicious.
Cedar Bay salmon products come pre-seasoned and ready to be placed directly into the oven or onto the BBQ with little or no handling or preparation required. Cedar Bay products are amazingly simple. I’m preparing their Sugar and Spice salmon today. This is a whole filet but it can also be purchased in single serving portions. I took the frozen salmon, preseason and resting on a cedar plank, out of the freezer to defrost for a few hours in the refrigerator. All I had to do was bake it in a 425° oven for 18 minutes and it was ready to serve.It only takes a short time to thaw the salmon. Once thawed the board is saturated and ready for the oven or grill. I love cooking these in my oven because the smells in my kitchen are fabulous. My kitchen smells like a high end spa. I might start cooking everything on a cedar plank.Once prepared, the salmon flakes apart exposing tender, moist perfectly seasoned salmon. Simply toss it with the salmon salad ingredients for a delicious salmon salad. Today I am making grilled cheese with salmon salad but this salad would be delicious on a bed of greens, on toast or crackers as an appetizer or straight out of the bowl.Print
Cedar Bay Grilling | Sugar and Spice Salmon Salad
- 1 filet Cedar Bay Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon, sugar and spice
- 5 to 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Hot sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 loaf sourdough bread sliced thick
- butter for grilling
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- sliced hot house tomatoes.
- Cook the Salmon according to the package directions.
- Set the salmon on a baking sheet to cool.
- Once the meat is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate the meat into chunks and remove the skin.
- Set the meat into a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Adjust salt and hot sauce to taste and serve either at room temperature or chilled.
- Butter one side of four thick slices of sourdough bread. Place them butter side down in a hot cast iron pan. top with a selection of cheeses. Cover and grill until cheese is melted. Reduce heat if it looks like the bread is getting too dark. Remove from heat.
- assemble the sandwiches by adding two large scoops of the salmon salad and sliced tomatoes.
This is quite literally the best grilled cheese sandwich I have EVER tasted.Cedar Bay Grilling is located right on the Atlantic Ocean in Nova Scotia. They are committed to providing products with a gourmet feel, that are simple and easy to make at home. You can find the store nearest you that carries Cedar Bay products be visiting the Cedar Bay Store Locator. Learn more about Cedar Bay Grilling Company on their website at https://cedarbaygrilling.com. Connect with Cedar Bay on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter.
You can find Cedar Bay Grilling products near me at Sunset foods or at any of these retailers: Kroger, Publix, Hannaford, Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, Giant, Giant eagle, Stop n Shop and Roche Bros